Capture the moment.Consult specifications >
A camera that makes the difficult easy
The Aquaris X's rear camera includes everything you need to take photos like a professional. Easily and intuitively. Its 16 MP are accompanied by quick-focus PDAF technology and six Largan lenses with f/2.0 aperture, and the Sony IMX298 sensor has been specifically designed to capture more light. And to make things even easier, Dual Tone Flash, which employs different flash combinations depending on the scene, gets the best results out of each shot.
Capture the moment
Each photo is an image to be framed
The best selfies under the moonlight
Get the most out of the camera
Use manual mode to create original effects. Adjust the exposure, white balance, shutter speed or play with the focus. It's never been so easy to take photos like a professional.
Art and engineering hand in hand
The display has clean lines and subtly embraces the metallic frame, its curved edges a result of the 2.5D glass. Inspired by automotive technology, more than a dozen industrial processes are needed to model and create a perfect curvature. A fingerprint scanner is subtly integrated into the rear, and the contoured and polished edges are precision crafted thanks to CNC (Computer Numerical Control) technology. We can tell you about it, but it's not the same as seeing it.
Quantum Color + technology has never shone so brightly. Enjoy more than 16.5 million colours on a 5.2" screen that has FHD resolution and up to 650 nits of brightness. Its LTPS screen is thinner and more efficient thanks to In-Cell technology, which combines the LCD with the touch-sensor layer and also provides a greater viewing angle. The result: spectacular, true-to-life images.
Taking battery life to the next level
BQ is synonymous with battery life, and with the Aquaris X, even more so. Its 3100 mAh battery, paired with energy efficient components, lasts up to 20% longer than previous models. Browse the web for more than ten hours or watch your favourite series for more than 11 hours straight 2 . And thanks to the Quick Charge 3.0 feature you can get up to 50% battery life with just a 30 minute charge.
Maximum performance with optimal efficiency
Our aim with the Aquaris X is to achieve maximum power with minimal battery consumption. We have accomplished this with the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 626 processor, which reduces battery consumption by more than 68%* thanks to its 14 nm internal architecture and its eight A53 cores. Furthermore, we have increased the frequency to 2.2 GHz so as to boost its performance with respect to other processors and we have opted for 3GB of RAM in order to provide a much faster and fluid experience with apps, videos and streaming.
*Compared with the Aquaris X5 Plus
Vibrant, detailed sound
Enjoy the purest sound. Its speaker is equipped with an NXP smart amplifier and the earphones deliver high fidelity sound that is vibrant, clear and rich, with a distortion level below 0.006% at maximum volume. It also includes the aptX™ codec for Bluetooth which offers a multi-device audio experience without limits.
With Android™ 8 Oreo™
Enjoy on your BQ of a faster, more secure and efficient version with new features like adaptive icons or the PiP option.
Discover it >
DMA Control. Quality is the first step
Our DMA Control methodology covers all the development phases of a device (Design, Manufacturing and Assembling) thereby ensuring the quality of our smartphones.
Design. Design is not just beauty
One of the most important phases is that of design. We have more than 100 engineers involved in defining device aesthetics, characteristics, components and the interaction between these. This is the phase that requires the most time and resources, and it is here where we employ QFD tools oriented toward design quality.
Manufacturing. Every component is crucial
Just as the ingredients are essential for a good dish, so too are the components for the functioning of an electronic device. More than 20 engineers are dedicated to analysing the relationship with our partners, controlling component quality and their manufacturing process by carefully applying the failure mode and effects analysis method.
Assembling. The most important phase
We supervise the manufacturing process from start to finish so as to ensure that it is carried out in compliance with our stringent quality standards. We use sector-leading machinery and meticulously control every aspect of the process, including apparently trivial ones, such as the soldering temperature used for the components.
Dimensions and weight
- 146.5 x 72.7 x 7.9 mm
- 154,65 g~
- 5.2 "
- FHD 1080 x 1920 - 423 ppi
- Up to 650 nits
- IPS LTPS LCD
- 2.5D, Multi-touch (10 capacitive points), In-cell
- Dinorex™ glass (NEG)
- AF coating
- Quantum Color +
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 626 Octa Core, 14 nm up to 2,2 GHz
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 506 up to 650 MHz
- Android™ 8.1.0 Oreo™
- English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian and many more
- 32 GB / 64 GB
- 3 GB / 4 GB
- 24 GB / 54 GB
The space available for the user may vary according to the firmware version installed. The remaining memory is allocated to the operating system, cache memory and other system elements.
- LiPo 3100 mAh
- Sony iMX298, 16 MP
Aperture ƒ/2.0, 1.12 µm/pixel
6 Largan lenses
Dual Tone Flash
Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF)
Video resolution 4K@30fps
Video estabilization (Vidhance)
Slow Motion (720p@120fps)
Fast Motion and Time Lapse
Capture in RAW format
Parameters' manual setting (shutter speed, focus, ISO)
Night shot, panoramic and burst shooting modes
- Samsung S5K4H8YX, 8 MP
Aperture ƒ/2.0, 1.12 µm/pixel
Video resolution 1080p@60fps
- Sony iMX298, 16 MP
- Headphones - HiFi and HD Audio
- Speaker - Smart PA
- aptX™ technology for Bluetooth®
- 2 microphones (Noise canceller)
- FM radio
- 4G (LTE) FDD (800/1800/2100/2600) - (B20/B3/B1/B7)
- 3G: I (2100) / II (1900) / V (850) / VIII (900)
- 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
Query the frequency bands supported by country >
- GPS / GLONASS / GALILEO
- Wi-Fi® 802.11b/g/n/ac (dual band - 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth® 4.2
- Fingerprint scanner
- Brightness sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Hall Sensor
- Dual nano-SIM
- 3.5 mm TRRS headphone jack (CTIA)
- USB Type-C 2.0 OTG
- MicroSD™ slot, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot). Available space for storing multimedia files.
Other system functions
- Tap Back
- Next song
- Ambient display
- Double tap
- Customizable LED
- Schedule ON OFF
- Vibration Itensity Modifier
- Wi-Fi Assist
- .txt .pdf .xls .doc .ppt .epub .rtf .html
- .bmp .gif .jpeg .png .wbmp .jps .mpo .webp
- .3gp .mp4 .avi .mov .3g2
- .aac .mid .mp3 .wma std .ape .flac .aac+ .eaac+ .m4a .ogg .dts m8 .awb .wav .qcp .alac .midi
Protection against liquids
- Protection against dust and water spray (IP52)1
A quality beginning
- DMA integral control system
- QFD and FMEA methodologies
- 0,428 W/Kg (10 g)
- 1,360 W/Kg (10 g)
- Aquaris X
Type-C to Type-A USB 2.0 cable
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 adaptor
- Aquaris X
- 1. The Aquaris X and Aquaris X Pro have an IP52 rating, which means that, in addition to dust, they are protected from vertically dripping water at a rate of 3-5 mm³ per minute for a maximum of ten minutes. They are not designed to be submerged in water or exposed to pressurised water or other liquids; they are not waterproof. Splash and dust resistance is not permanent and can diminish as a result of normal use. The warranty does not cover damage caused by liquids or exposure to dusty surroundings. Do not attempt to charge the terminal if it is wet.
- 2. Battery life depends on various factors, such as network configuration, location, signal intensity, performance settings, usage and many others. The results reported are based on the profile of an average user as established by BQ, and the battery tests have been carried out with specific BQ devices. Results obtained under different conditions may vary. The battery has a limited number of charge cycles and may need to be replaced after a certain amount of time. Its duration and number of charge cycles will vary according to usage and setting values.
* The images of the inside of the device or of the screens are simulated and are for illustrative purposes only. They may change depending on future application and/or OS updates.
*BQ device specifications may vary depending on the country/market.